Minecraft hacked client Nodus 1.8.x. Also try downloading the alternative client, Metro. It does not support Twitch association with your account! Right now there is also a known bug that causes the version select screen to not show any versions. Currently, the cause for this is unknown, but there is a discussion about it here.
- Download and extract the files.
- Minecraft Launcher > “Edit Profile” > “Open Game Dir” > versions, or:
- Windows location – %appdata%\.minecraft\versions
- Mac location – ~Library/ApplicationSupport/minecraft/versions
- Linux – \Home\.minecraft\versions
- In the versions folder, add a new folder called “NodusLauncher”.
- Copy both NodusLauncher.jar and NodusLauncher.json into the folder “NodusLauncher”.
- Re-open the Minecraft Launcher and edit your profile to use version “Release NodusLauncher”.
- Y = GUI
- U = Console