To purchase TimTrax, please leave a comment on this page (be sure that your e-mail address is correct) and we will contact you with the license and how to purchase it. The license is $19.99 and must be renewed annually. We offer full customer support, and if the program does not function for any reason we will grant a full refund.
TimTrax is a program that will track and analyze all computer usage (Windows only). The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends limiting a child’s use of screen time (TV, movies, video and computer games) to no more than one or two hours a day. Unfortunately, many parents have trouble finding reliable methods of monitoring their children. This is the problem that TimTrax is designed to address by monitoring and logging computer application usage. TimTrax has numerous options, including keylogging, screenshotting, uploading logs through email or FTP, and more. This program builds upon PyKeylogger, which is a free, open-source keylogger written in the python programming language. Here is some feedback from users of the keylogger:
- “I had a problem with people using my computer without permission, now I know when, who, and what they were doing.”
- “This neat little tool will come in handy to any parent that wants to supervise the children’s activity on the computer.”
- Copy the keylogger (compiled) folder onto the hard drive (C:\ drive).
- Rename the folder to “acr”.
- Next, the “_Schedule.bat” file should be run; it makes the keylogger run whenever someone logs in.
- Log out and back in.
- Now, after some minutes of computer usage, TimTrax.exe can be run to view program usage and screenshots.
Q: When I am prompted for a date, the default of today’s date displays incorrectly.
A: Go to Control Panel and click on “Change date, time, or number formats”. Make sure the “Short date:” menu option is set to “M/d/yyyy”.
Q: I can’t view my screenshots. (Or, I want them to open in a different program).
A: Chances are that the screenshots are not being displayed in the default program (Windows Photo Viewer, or a picture viewer of your choice). To fix this, you need to go to Control Panel > “Programs” > “Default Programs” > “Associate a file type or protocol with a program”. Select “.png” from the list of file types, and press the “Change program…” button. Then, select the program you want .png images to open in (Windows Photo Viewer is recommended).
Q: Even though the keylogger is working, TimTrax seems to be unable to read updates to the logs.
A: There is a hard limit of 10,000 lines that it will be able to read. We recommend that you delete most of the logs every month. PyKeylogger has an option for this.
Version 1.2.1 (Upcoming)
- Fixed version merging a little bit, for programs that have lots of periods in their names.
- Merged all versions of a program (mostly for games) together.
- Displays larger times as “2 hour(s) 31 minute(s)” instead of “151 minute(s)”
- Defaults to the American format current date when prompting for a date to view.
- Allows more flexibility when inserting a date (now supports US + Europe formats).
- Added a processing status bar to show how fast the logs are analyzed at runtime.
- Added the ability to view screenshots that are taken randomly, about 10 minutes apart.
- Fixed a bug where numbers like 10 and 20 were treated as 1 and 2.
- Condensed all tabs of any program (not just browsers) as one program when displayed.
- Condensed all tabs browsed of an internet browser as one program in the display.
- Added the ability to record time spent on the computer
- Display a basic list of total time and all programs used on a given day.